I just saw this article on techcrunch.com for a new take on the standing desk that hits on a few cylinders.
- It’s portable. If you move your work space or office a few time in the course of your week, this can go with you.
- It’s something you can store when not in use, unlike the Ikea version, which is especially nice if you live in a small pad in NYC, or in a incubator/co-op.
- It’s only $25, whereas the Ikea hack job of a side table with a shelf costs you time as well.
- You don’t have to drive anywhere to get it.
- You don’t have to spend longer than 45 seconds putting it together. Have a look. Time is money, people.
- It’s just stinking cool. I firmly believe simply having it will spur creativity in people to challenge the norms in their everyday lives.
- You could buy a stack of them and have them in place at a conference. (The entrepreneur in me would like to think co-branding is optional.)
Oristand was founded in Vancouver, Canada, by three guys – Hootsuite founder, Ryan Holmes; designer Steve Suchey and designer Nathan Martel.